Locating Items in the Libraries
Here are a few guidelines to locating materials:
- Floor directories at Main and Science can be found near the elevators. Note the signs on each floor.
- Range markers at the end of each row indicate the call numbers to be found in that section. Folios are shelved separately near the end of the collection on each floor.
- If you can't find an item in the stacks, check the sorting shelves and copy areas on each floor. If you are still unable to locate books, inquire at the Circulation Desk or Reference Desk.
- The location "Repository" indicates off-campus storage. You can request items from the Repository at the Circulation Desk or online through the GIL Library Catalog.
- Please don't reshelve books. Please leave books on a table or book cart for reshelving.
- Read this page for help with call numbers and shelving locations within the Main and Science Libraries.