Faculty Delivery Service
University of Georgia faculty members may request delivery of books and bound periodicals from the Main and Science Libraries and the Curriculum Materials Library to their departments on the Athens campus. This service is limited to 3 delivery requests per day. Please use a separate form for each item. It may take several days to receive a requested title.
UGA faculty members may also request delivery of journal articles from our print holdings. Journal articles will be scanned and delivered as a PDF by email.
Faculty at UGA's agricultural and environmental and oceanographic research stations, please use our Remote Site Request Form for Books.
You may also submit requests by:
Main Library (706.583.8300)
Science Library (706.542.6523)
Curriculum Materials Library (706.583.0764)
Access Services/Circulation Office/Main Library
Access Services/Circulation/Science Library
Curriculum Materials Library/207 Aderhold Hall
If the requested book is checked out, a recall will be placed on the book and it will be delivered when available.
Important Delivery Information
- Library materials delivered by our Mail Room must be signed for upon delivery. Please use the address of your department's main office and the departmental representative will sign for the materials.
- The library mail room will attempt to deliver the item(s) to the address provided twice. If both attempts are unsuccessful, the item(s) will be re-routed to one of the UGA Libraries and placed on hold for you for pickup at the library closest to your office.
- Item available notices will be sent to the email address listed in your library account.
- The hold on the item(s) will expire 10 days after it is placed
- When classes are not in session, delivery services may be suspended.
The Libraries' Mail Room will pick up materials from a department office on the Athens campus for return to the Main or Science Libraries. To request this service please call or email the Access Services Department.
Because of possible delays in pickups, the service should not be used to return short-term loan items such as journals, and it should never be used to return items that have been recalled by other researchers.
- Number of items to be picked up
- Name, email, & campus delivery address.
- UGACard barcode number
For more information about the Faculty Delivery Service or the Faculty Pickup Service, please contact the Access Services Department at:
Main Library: 706.542.3256 or email@example.com
Science Library: 706-542-4535 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Curriculum Materials Library: 706.542.2957 or email@example.com