Large-Format Printing and Scanning Policy
The Map and Government Information Library (MAGIL) provides large-format printing and scanning services to UGA students, faculty, and staff, as well as the general public.
Complimentary large-format scanning of materials from the UGA Libraries’ collection is available for UGA students, faculty, and staff for educational/research-related projects, course assignments, or presentations. For all other scan requests there is a flat fee of $10.00 per scan, which applies to non-UGA patrons as well as UGA patrons with non-educational requests.
The large-format scanner is a sheet-fed scanner and can accommodate materials up to 54 inches.
Large-format printing of items in the UGA Libraries collection is available at $0.01 (1 cent) per square inch. The cost per sheet = length of original in inches x width of original in inches x .01 plus any applicable sales tax.
- All USGS topographic quadrangles (7.5', 15', 30', and specials) - $6 per sheet
- All Sanborn Fire Insurance maps - $6 per sheet
For these requests:
- All requests must be accompanied by a scan request form, available at the MAGIL service desk.
- Payment can be made via credit card or check (made payable to UGA Libraries).
- We reserve the right to refuse to scan any items due to condition.
- We do not scan or print materials that are not in the UGA Libraries’ collection.
- MAGIL staff will perform the scanning and printing (this equipment is not self-serve).
- We comply with copyright law as interpreted by the University System Board of Regents. For further information about copyright please visit the USG Copyright Policy page.
- Due to workflow concerns the maximum number of items we will scan per user is 10 per day or 25 per week.
- Scans and printed materials will be available within 3 business days of the request.
For more information about our scanning and printing services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our service desk at 706-542-0690.