Science Library Makerspace
The Science Library Makerspace is available as a campus-wide resource that support students, faculty, and staff in creative making. It’s an active learning environment that inspires curiosity, critical thought, exploration, and innovative uses of technology that complement multidisciplinary curricular activities.
Come learn, prototype, test, reiterate, and test again!
The Makerspace welcomes all UGA students, staff, faculty, and affiliates for educational, non-commercial purposes free of charge. The Science Library Makerspace supports the UGA Libraries Strategic Plan and advances the University’s mission.
For technology tutorials, resources, and policies, please visit the Makerspace LibGuide. If you are interested in integrating Makerspace technologies into courses, classwork, or research, please email Andrew Johnson, Emerging Technologies Librarian.
Location Room 381, Science Library
Fall Hours Monday through Friday 9am - 6pm CLOSED Saturday and Sunday
- 3D Printers training required (MakerBot Replicators 5th Gen.)
- 3D Scanner (Structure Sensor)
- Dremel LC40 Laser Cutter training required
- Raspberry Pi
- Soldering equipment training required
- Vinyl Cutter (Roland STIKA)
- Virtual Reality (HTC Vive and Oculus Rift)
- Two Virtual Reality Kits (Oculus Rift and Alienware laptop) available for checkout
Workshops open to all UGA students, staff, & faculty with a valid UGA ID