Science Library Makerspace
- Masks required, per USG policy and admittance is limited to two patrons at a time to ensure social distancing
- Please reserve equipment online prior to coming to the Makerspace. *Training certifications required for use of the laser cutter and 3D printers
- Use of virtual reality headsets suspended
- It is currently not possible to host large groups in the Makerspace in a safe, socially distanced manner. If you are interested in integrating Makerspace technologies into courses, classwork, or research, please email Andrew Johnson, Emerging Technologies Librarian to collaborate on remote solutions to expose students to Makerspace services and technology.
Come learn, prototype, and iterate designs! We are a campus-wide resource supporting students, faculty, and staff in creative making for research and academic purposes. We provide project-based instruction that inspires curiosity, hands-on exploration, and innovative uses of technology. We support the UGA Libraries Strategic Plan to advance the University’s mission.
Location Science Library, Room 381
Hours Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm
- 3D Printers training required (MakerBot Replicator+ & 5th Gen.)
- 3D Scanner (Structure Sensor)
- Arduino & Raspberry Pi
- Laser Cutter training required (Dremel LC40)
- Vinyl Cutter (Roland STIKA)
- Soldering equipment training required (Hakko FX-888D)
- Virtual Reality (HTC Vive and Oculus Rift) temporarily unavailable
Training Certifications open to all UGA students, staff, and faculty with a valid UGA ID. If you can't make a training due to a scheduled class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.