Media photography and videography may occur in the Zell B. Miller Learning Center without prior notification, except in the classrooms. MLC staff reserve the option to approach those involved for more information about the purpose, location, and duration of the filming and/or to suggest alternative locations or times for the activity. Our intent is to remain aware of what is happening in the building for the purposes of safety, security, and privacy, and also to assist the crew in finding the best place to shoot given their purpose.
Media should be aware of the following:
- The MLC is an academic space, and media may be asked to cease filming in order to protect the academic enterprise and the privacy of students.
- No entrances or exits may be blocked at any time.
- Traffic flow in the building is particularly heavy at times.
- Media may not enter classrooms without prior notice to the Office of Public Affairs and the permission of the faculty member in charge of the classroom to be photographed or videotaped. (from “Commercial Media Policy” adopted by the President’s Cabinet, 2006)
- Assistance is available from MLC Facilities and Security staff, Shannon Bennett and Chris Dial, at email@example.com or by calling 706-542-7000, between 8am and 5pm. Staff at the MLC Security Desk (2nd floor - room 210) can also offer assistance or guidance as needed.
- Those involved with commercial media productions on campus must receive prior approval from:
Office of the Vice President of Public Affairs
University of Georgia Public Affairs
Hodgson Oil Building
286 Oconee Street
Athens, GA 30602-1999