Lost and Found
The Miller Learning Center Lost & Found is located at the MLC Security Desk on the 2nd floor east wing, in room 210 near Jittery Joe's. All items found in the building are brought to this location.
Please note the retention schedule for specific items listed below:
- Due to health and sanitation concerns, items designed to contain food or drink are kept for three days, then discarded. Items may include coffee mugs, water bottles/cups, lunchboxes, etc.
- Items deemed valuable by the Libraries Lost and Found Committee are kept for two weeks. If an item has not been claimed after two weeks it is transferred to UGA PD.
- The following items are considered valuable: cash, credit cards, headphones, laptops, cellphones, tablets, scientific calculators, jewelry, keys, wallets, passports, social security cards, or anything that may contain sensitive information.
- Other items such as books, backpacks, clothing, chargers, and other miscellaneous items are considered ‘non-valuable’ and are kept for four weeks. If the item is still unclaimed after four weeks, the item is donated or discarded as appropriate.
- UGA ID Cards are kept for four weeks. During this time, if we are unable to get in contact with the owner UGA ID Cards are handed over to the UGA Card Office. The UGA Card office is located at 309 Tate Student Center – 3rd Floor, between Tate Theatre & Starbucks. You can call them at 706-542-9226 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we provide Lost & Found as a service to our patrons and hope individuals are reunited with their possessions, ultimately we are not responsible for lost personal property.
Sustainability - Swap Shop
The MLC has partnered with the Office of Sustainability and donates unclaimed items such as water bottles and other items deemed ‘non-valuable’ by the Libraries Lost and Found Committee to the Swap Shop.
The Swap Shop located in MLC Location: Miller Learning Center, Room 278 is a place to trade personal items, which keeps usable goods out of landfills and recirculates them back to the campus community.
Please see https://sustainability.uga.edu/student-programs/swap-shop/ for more information about UGA’s sustainability efforts and Swap Shop hours.