Frequently Asked Questions
1) What type of research is accepted?
All undergraduates doing research at UGA can apply. This includes, but not limited to, research papers/projects for classes/internships. The research must utilize UGA Libraries resources in some way.
2) How much money is in an award?
3) I did the research in a previous semester. Can I apply for the award?
Research must occur no later than the previous Spring semester. For example, if you are applying for the Spring 2022 award, your research must be from Spring 2021 at the earliest. Students who graduated in spring 2021 cannot apply.
4) I graduated in the Fall. Can I submit my research?
Applicants must currently be enrolled as an undergraduate student at UGA.
5) Does my research project have to be completed?
No, in process research projects are acceptable.
6) Do I have to be in the Honors Program to participate?
No. Winners are announced at the annual CURO Symposium, but non-Honors students are encouraged to apply.
7) Can I submit more than one application a year?
Yes! You must have different essays and meet with a librarian for each application as well as a different research project.
8) I won an award last year, can I submit again this year?
Yes! With a different project, of course.