Digital Curation Work Group
The purpose of the Digital Curation Work Group (DCWG) is to promote the long-term integrity of and access to the locally held digital collections of the University of Georgia Libraries. The group serves in an advisory capacity, reporting and making policy and other recommendations to the UGA Libraries Technology Oversight Group and the Libraries units that generate and manage digital content.
Among the Group’s principal activities are to:
- Guide and assess the Libraries digital curation work.
- Develop and maintain policies and other recommendations for meeting digital preservation challenges.
- Serve as an advisory group for the continued development and use of the Libraries' digital preservation system (ARCHive) and other shared infrastructure.
- Facilitate collaboration between Libraries units for the development and maintenance of workflows and best practices related to digital curation.
- Advance organizational knowledge of digital preservation practices through discussion, programming, and other appropriate means.
Public documentation of the DCWG, including policies, ARCHive documentation, and annual reports, are available on the DCWG's website.
Questions about the DCWG can be directed to the chair, Adriane Hanson, Head of Digital Stewardship (email@example.com).