Administrative activities are those for which one is asked to represent the University Libraries at a meeting, conference or other activity considered official business. Examples of administrative travel include the following:
- Representing the Libraries on user groups or boards, conferences, or other meetings of this type.
- Evaluation, inventory, or preparation for shipment of collections that have been purchased by or given to the Libraries.
- Negotiation with possible donors or sources for collections.
- Visitation to other libraries to relate the practices of another library for possible implementation at UGA.
- Meeting with other library administrators to conduct business germane to the functioning of the Libraries.
- Recruitment of Libraries faculty.
Funding: Reimbursement for administrative activities is normally 100%. Travel under grants or contracts is considered "administrative" if it is chargeable to such grants or contracts.