Lending Policies for other Libraries
(UGA affiliates please see Information for UGA faculty, students and staff)
Interlibrary Loan Lending
320 South Jackson Street
The University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602-1644
OCLC Symbol: GUA
NUC Symbol: GU
We prefer that requests be submitted via OCLC (WorldCat Resource Sharing/ILLiad).
If you do not have access to OCLC, please use our online web form at: https://illiad.libs.uga.edu/illiad/lending/lendinglogon.html.
We supply material free to ARCHE, GOLD, other Georgia not-for-profit libraries, ASERL Reciprocal Agreement Partners, and pre-agreed upon ARL partners.
We do not charge for SOLINE loans; we DO charge for SOLINE photocopies.
For libraries other than the consortial partners listed above:
- Loans: $15 for 1-5 volumes/reels or 1-20 fiche, per bibliographic record.
- Photocopies: $15 for 1-40 pages. If material is over 40 pages we will advise.
- International loans other than Canada are $40.00; copies remain at $20.00 per quantities cited above.
- Canadian loans and copies remain at $20.00.
- Additional $10 for non-consortial academic, public, medical, and international libraries.
- Additional $30 for corporate/for profit libraries.
For OCLC users, we welcome IFM as the method for payment.
In addition, we accept IFLA vouchers.
If invoiced, our Business Office will bill you at the end of the month.
Material which generally does not circulate:
Microcards, periodicals, audio-visual material, most reference material, special collections (i.e. Hargrett Library), Georgia newspapers for which we do not own the master negative, UGA dissertations and theses for which we do not own a circulating copy.
For availability of material:
Please check our online catalog at http://gil.uga.edu
Please submit an Interlibrary Loan request for all theses and dissertations requests. We lend non-archival print copies, and will let you know if an electronic one is open access.