UGA Libraries' Undergraduate Research Awards
Since 2007, the UGA Libraries has sponsored the Undergraduate Research Awards, which provide cash prizes for excellence in research and academic inquiry. All UGA undergraduates conducting research are eligible.
- Seniors: one $800 first prize and two $450 second prizes
- First - Third Year Students: one $600 first prize and one $300 second prize
- Jurors' Choice Award: One $400 prize highlighting a particular research method, resource, or collection. Can be from any category (Senior or 1st-3rd year).
Whether you are creating a historical thesis, policy paper, composition for piano or a scientific study, you are eligible to apply for this award with the following steps:
- Meet with a librarian for a research conference and complete the application form
- Write a 3-4 page essay describing and reflecting upon your research process and project
- Include with your application the bibliography of sources used in your paper
Deadline for application materials extended: Monday March 25, 2019
Research projects may still be in progress by award deadlines. Please see the Essay Guidelines, Application Form and Application Checklist for details. Prizes will be awarded at the CURO Symposium in spring 2019. Students do not need to be part of the CURO program to be eligible for the Libraries' Undergraduate Research Award.