Science Library Makerspace
The mission of the Science Library Makerspace is to foster an active learning environment that inspires curiosity, exploration, critical thought, and innovative uses of technology that complement multidisciplinary curricular activities.The Science Library Makerspace cultivates discovery and hands-on learning that enhances intellectual curiosity and student success.The Makerspace is open to all UGA students, staff, faculty, and affiliates for educational, non-commercial purposes.
The Science Library Makerspace supports the UGA Libraries Strategic Plan and advances the University’s mission. If you are interested in integrating Makerspace technologies into courses, classwork, and/or research, please email Andrew Johnson, Emerging Technologies Librarian.
Location: Room 381, Science Library
Hours: Spring break hours: 9am-5pm Monday through Friday
- Monday through Thursday: 9am - 10pm (unless reserved for instruction)
- Friday: 9am - 9pm (unless reserved for instruction)
- Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
- 3D Printers and Training (MakerBot Replicator 5th Gen./LulzBot TAZ 5)
- Training sessions: Tuesdays 4:00pm-5:00pm and Wednesdays from 10:00am-11:00am (please email to reserve a spot)
- Virtual Reality (HTC Vive and Oculus Rift)
- P Series Full Spectrum Laser Cutter with a working area of 24" x 18" x 12"
- Available Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons (please email to make an appointment)
- Arduino microcontrollers
- littleBits color-coded electronic building blocks
- Raspbery Pi minicomputers
- Roland STIKA vinyl cutter
- Soldering irons
Visit the Makerspace LibGuide for technology video tutorials, resources, and access and usage policies.