Libraries Staff Representative Group
At UGA, Staff Representative Groups (SRGs) are the first level of staff governance. SRG members, elected from their units, handle concerns specific to their areas. The Libraries' SRG members, act as a liaison between the Libraries' classified staff and Libraries' Administration. The Libraries current structure includes seven SRG representatives. Members meet to discuss issues, questions, and concerns of staff and are responsible for relating such information to the Libraries' Administation and other staff representative groups on campus, such as the SVPAAP-SRG and the UGA Staff Council.
Current Libraries representatives to the SRG are:
- Mollie Armour, Access Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Causey, Map and Government Information Library, email@example.com
- Charles Connolly, Access Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jesse Hocking, Access Services, email@example.com
- Michael Law, Interlibrary Loan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leandra Nessel, Development, email@example.com
- Laura Veatch, Interlibrary Loan, firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are issues or concerns that you feel need to be addressed at a larger level by the University, the Libraries SRG members are your representatives to the UGA Staff Council.
The UGA Staff Council is an advisory body to the president and was established in 1992 to identify and deal with issues of concern to staff. Currently, the Staff Council meets on the first Wednesday of each month. All staff are welcome to attend the meetings but only elected representatives can vote.
Staff Council members also maintain a listserv for discussion of issues relevant to staff.
Revised August 2014.