Reservations and Usage Policies
Spaces in the University of Georgia Special Collections Libraries are used year-round for programs and activities offered by the University of Georgia Libraries. Event spaces are available for a fee for the University of Georgia community and affiliated groups, but no Greek organizations are permitted.
All groups that use the Special Collections Libraries are responsible for room setup, security charges for after-hours events and for cleanup. Please note that the Library does not have an event staff to set up rooms, assist with technology, arrange for catering or clean up after events that are held on the premises.
Groups that reserve the UGA Special Collections Libraries spaces are responsible for the following:
- Making arrangements for catering
- Security fees, if applicable
- Room rental charges, if applicable
- Clean up of all spaces used
- Keeping the staff informed about any changes to reservations
Policies for Use
Please help us keep our facilities clean, safe and ready for use by others by following these guidelines:
- Use of tobacco products is prohibited.
- Use of anything that could damage or deface the facility is prohibited, including, but not limited to, open flame, painting, taping, stapling, gluing, nailing and glitter.
- We reserve the right to terminate the event at any time if security and/or event manager sees behavior that may threaten library property.
- Please do not remove any equipment from the room
- Room use is "as is," i.e., users will need to bring projectors, laptops, or other equipment if it is not already supplied in the particular room reserved.
- Refreshments, luncheons, and dinners are only allowed in event spaces on the second floor exhibit level. Food is NOT allowed in exhibit areas. Food will be allowed in research level classroom spaces on the third floor on a case-by-case basis.
- Please leave the room arranged how you found it.
- By making a room reservation, a department agrees to accept financial responsibility for damages resulting from use of the facility or equipment.
- The sponsor will be billed for the cost of security or additional staff in accordance with Special Collections Libraries reservation policies.
- Laptops are not available to borrow at the Special Collections Libraries. Students using the Miller Learning Center and the UGA Main Library can borrow laptops for use in those buildings.
- Wireless Internet is active in all rooms.
- Attendees of events are prohibited from exceeding the maximum capacity of each room. Please check the Room Information section of this website for official capacity.
- Failure to comply with the Special Collections Libraries and University policies or Federal, State and local law may result in the cancellation of future reservations and/or restriction from the use of Special Collections Libraries facilities. Discrimination in the use of these facilities regarding disability, race, religion or nationality is prohibited
Reservations must be made at least 30 days in advance and are taken on a first-come, first-served basis with priority given to University of Georgia related events. Groups wishing to serve alcohol at their event are required to read and accept the terms of the Alcohol Use Policy. All individuals or groups renting space in the UGA Special Collections Libraries must read and sign the Rental Agreement.
For general inquiries and questions regarding use of the Special Collections Libraries, please contact Facilities Manager Tim Pennell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Inclement Weather Policy
Special Collections Libraries administrators reserve the right to close the building and cancel all activities if necessary due to emergency situations and/or inclement weather. If UGA makes the decision to close due to inclement weather, the Special Collections Libraries will also close. When a decision has to be made outside of normal business hours and/or class time to close the Special Collections Libraries, administrators will announce their decision via the in house intercom system.