The mission of the Science Library Makerspace is to foster an active-learning environment that inspires curiosity, exploration, critical thought, and innovative uses of technology that complement multidisciplinary curricular activities.The Science Library Makerspace cultivates discovery and hands-on learning that enhances intellectual curiosity and student success.The Makerspace is open to all UGA students, staff, faculty, and affiliates for educational, non-commercial purposes.
The Science Library Makerspace supports the UGA Libraries Strategic Plan by advancing the University’s mission. If you are interested in integrating Makerspace technologies into courses, classwork, and/or research, please email Andrew Johnson, Emerging Technologies Librarian.
New Location!: Room 381, Science Library
Fall Semester Hours:
- Monday through Thursday 9am - 10pm, unless reserved for an instruction session
- Friday 9am - 9pm, unless reserved for an instruction session
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
- MakerBot Replicator 3D Printing Training Session Mondays 12:00pm-1:00pm, reservation required, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- LulzBot TAZ 3D Printer Training Session, Thursdays 12:00pm-1:00pm, reservation required, email email@example.com
Makerspace equipment includes:
- 3D Printers (MakerBot Replicator 5th Generation/LulzBot TAZ 5)
- Virtual Reality (HTC Vive and Oculus Rift)
- P Series Full Spectrum Laser Cutter with a working area of 24" x 18" x 12"
- Arduino microcontrollers
- littleBits color-coded electronic building blocks
- Raspbery Pi minicomputers
- Roland STIKA vinyl cutter
- Soldering irons
Please visit the Makerspace LibGuide for technology video tutorials, resources, and access and usage policies.