Science Library Renovations
The Science Library renovation project continues and is slated to be done in a few weeks. The following changes have been made:
- Carpet has been added to the main floor.
- Some soft seating and moveable furniture has arrived, so study space is available as are moveable dry erase boards.
- The Reference Collection has moved back to the main floor.
- Computer services are still available in the temporary computer lab to the immediate right when you enter the library. We will eventually receive many more public computers on the main floor once this project is completed.
- The Think Tank (the quiet study area on the 4th floor) is currently unavailable but should be clear by midterms for use.
- Construction of furniture continues during daylight hours, so there will be some noise between 7:30 AM and 5:00 PM on the main Science Library floor. The 3rd and 4th floors are still designated quiet areas, however.
- A new service desk has been installed. Book check outs, ILL/GIL Express pick-ups, and Reserves services are available either there or in the temporary Access Services office to the immediate left when you enter the building. Reference service is also available at the new service desk.
- The South Campus Writing Center remains temporarily closed. Extra hours are being offered at Park Hall and the MLC in the interim.
The UGA Libraries apologize for any inconvenience this renovation project causes, but if you have any questions or concerns please contact us at email@example.com or 706-542-0698 or talk to a staff member at the service desk. We will do our best to minimize the impact this construction has on library services.
Thank you for your patience!