PDRC has a mentoring program pairing new faculty members with existing faculty members at the Libraries. An overview and information about the program is available here.
The UGA Libraries Faculty Bibliography is a PDRC sponsored list of scholarly activity by the current Libraries Faculty. The UGA Libraries Faculty Bibliography includes articles, book chapters and other documents, both peer reviewed and non peer reviewed, with a focus on the last 10 years. A yearly call goes out for entries.
When possible, we archive presentation materials in our program archives.
- University of Georgia Libraries' Training Program: Includes links to training calendars, mission statement, and training objectives.
- University of Georgia Career Development and Training: Online catalog of training opportunities includes classes and videos on computer, management and other skills.
- USG Tuition Remission/Reimbursement Program Procedures (TAP)
- Georgia Center for Continuing Education: Offers classes in computer software and personal development and growth.
- OIIT Training: Training opportunities relating to databases and GALILEO.
- OCLC Support: Offers online training and tutorials as well as more traditional workshops; focus is on Cataloging, ILL, & bibliographic instruction.
- Lyrasis: Offers classes on a range of library related topics from administration to cataloging to general professional development.
- The Archivist's Day Book, provided by the Society of Southwest Archivists: Information about meetings, workshops, and seminars and other continuing education and professional development events for archivists.
- The Society of Georgia Archivists: This is the state of Georgia's professional organization for archivists. Contains employment advertisements, information on professional development and continuing education, updates on important issues related to the profession, and information about the organization and its activities.
- The Society of American Archivists: This is the chief professional organization for archivists. Contains employment advertisements, information on professional development and continuing education, updates on important issues related to the profession, and information about the organization and its activities.
General Library Organizations
- American College & Research Libraries (ACRL)
ACRL Professional Tools
- American Library Association (ALA)
ALA Professional Tools
- Georgia Library Association (GLA)
Archives and Manuscripts/Records Management/Special Formats
- Academy of Certified Archivists (ACA)
- American Association for State and Local History (AASLAH)
- American Association of Museums (AAM)
- Association for Recorded Sound Collections (ARSC)
- Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA)
- ARMA International: The Association of Information Management Professionals
- Council of State Historical Records Coordinators (COSHRC)
- National Association of Government Archives and Records Administrators (NAGARA)
- National Council on Public History (NCPH)
- Oral History Association (OHA)
- Society of American Archivists (SAA)
- Society of Georgia Archivists (SGA)
- Visual Resources Association (VRA)