Materials Delivery & Return
While the Carnegie Library doesn't have its own collection of books and periodicals*, we are a drop/pickup point for materials from other Libraries on the UGA main campus. To have a book delivered for pickup here, just select "Carnegie Library Learning Center, Health Sciences Campus" as your pickup location when making a request from the UGA Libraries catalog (GIL). When it arrives here you'll receive an email and can pick it up at your convenience during business hours. Returns likewise can be done during business hours, whether or not you picked the item up here....we'll make sure it finds its way home!
* It's not really a "collection" per se, but we do have a book exchange on the lower level; if you see a book that looks interesting, feel free to take it and bring it back when you're done. Have something that you think others might like, or just want to make space on your bookshelf? You can share them by putting them in the exchange.
Wifi access is available throughout the building using your UGA MyID login. We have a WEPA printer and Scannx book scanner on the lower level, as well as 6 thin client workstations with access to all resources that you'll find in other UGA Libraries. We also have one standalone pc for public use; please note that during periods of high demand we ask that public patrons limit their use of this terminal to 1 hour.
Carnegie Library has Bulldog Bikes available for checkout. Here's an overview of how it works:
- Once you are registered, you can check out a key from the library just like you would a book.
- Helmets (they’re required) are also available if you do not have your own. (And, yes, we do spray them with disinfectant between uses.)
- Your key will have a number on it, and it unlocks the bike with the matching number.
- You may lock the bike to any bike rack during your travels, but you must lock the bike to one of the Bulldog Bikes racks when you are done.
- Bring the key (and helmet, if applicable) back to the circulation desk for check-in.