New to UGA or to graduate-level studies? Once you've set up your library account, we suggest you familiarize yourself with our home page and learn the name of your librarian. Here are some essential resources.
- MultiSearch - Search a vast number of journal and book citations taken from multiple databases, including GIL, the UGA Libraries book catalog. Excellent for interdisciplinary research.
- GALILEO@UGA - Choose from 400+ article databases in all areas of study.
- Journal Locator - Check for UGA access when you have a citation to a specific article.
- BrowZine - Read recent journal articles and be alerted to newly-published issues. Download the app and sync it with the web version. See our guide.
- Citation alerts - Set up recurring automated searches in some databases and receive notification of newly-added items.
- GIL library catalog - Find books, ebooks, videos, etc. owned by the library. GIL Classic is a second interface to the catalog. Use whichever you like best. Most books may be checked out by graduate students for 125 days, renewed online, and recalled from other users.
- GIL Universal Catalog - Find books at other Georgia public higher educational institutions, especially when the UGA copy is checked out or missing. Use GIL Express (delivery in 3-5 days) to borrow items.
- WorldCat (also Worldcat.org) - Extend your research using this combined library catalog. Find books at thousands of libraries across the country and around the world. Borrow them using Interlibrary Loan.
- Suggest a Purchase - Suggest that the library purchase a book that we do not currently own.
- University of Georgia Electronic Theses and Dissertations - Search for theses or dissertations written at UGA from 1999-present, most available as PDF files. For print UGA dissertations before 1999, search the GIL Catalog. Read more about dissertations at UGA Libraries.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (formerly Dissertation Abstracts) - Find citations to United States dissertations from the 19th century to the present. Borrow them using Interlibrary Loan.
Publishing and Grants
- Citation Searching - Has your paper been cited? Document the impact of your work.
- Scholarly Publishing & Communication - Publishing, copyright, open access, data archiving, etc..
- Endnote & Refworks - Manage your bibliographic citations and generate bibliographies in various styles.
- Grant Funding
- Study carrels - Need space in the library? Working with lots of books you don't want to carry around?
- Faculty Authorization - Working with a faculty member? Need to check out books or charge photocopies to their account?
- Data Services: Need social science data? Get help with U.S. Census, statistical and polling data.
We're Here to Help
- Research Help - Arrange a consultation with a reference librarian for your subject area.
- Subject Librarians - Who is the librarian for your subject? Knowing this person could help you.