How to Recall a Book from Another Borrower
- Find the book in our catalog, GIL.
- Once you have the record for that book up on the screen, and the catalog says the book is checked out, go to the top of the screen and click on the "Request" link at the top of the screen.
- A form will open up in a new window, with the information about the item already filled out.
- Fill in your information and tell us where you would like to pick up the book.
- We will contact the person who has the book checked out and tell them to return it by a specific date, which varies, depending on how long they have had the book. When they return the book, we will contact you to let you know it is waiting for you. You can always check the status of your request by logging into your library account in GIL.
For help with your account, borrowing, renewing and fines, call Access Services on (706) 542-3256 (Main Library) or (706) 542-4535 (Science Library).