Maps and government documents have been an integral part of the University of Georgia Libraries for over 100 years. Created by the merger of the former Map Library and the UGA Libraries' extensive government documents collections, the Map and Government Information Library is located in the sub-basement of the Main Library on North Campus. Its mission is to provide bibliographic, physical and intellectual access to cartographic and government information in all formats.
The UGA Libraries serves as Georgia's regional depository for documents published by the Federal government as well as the official depository for documents published by the State of Georgia. Its collections also include select international and United Nations documents. Cartographic resources include maps, aerial photography and remote sensed imagery, atlases, city directories, digital spatial data, and reference materials, with a particular emphasis on the State of Georgia. Please see individual collection descriptions for specific holdings, access and location information.
Maps and atlases from around the world
Aerial photographs of the State of Georgia
Background image: Aerial photograph of North Campus and Sanford Stadium, 1955. The Main Library - built in 1952 - is the large square building at the center of the photograph. Note the parking lot behind the building - in 1974, it became the site of the new Annex addition and future home of the Map and Government Information Library.
To visit other historical aerial photographs of campus, visit Aerial Photographs of the University of Georgia Campus - 1934-80 or visit the Map and Government Information Library.