The Lillian Smith Book Award jurors have agreed to the following submission criteria for the 2010 Awards competition, the criteria is as follows:
- Nominated books must have been published between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2009 to be considered for the 2010 awards competiion.
- Books previously published before 2009 in the United States or another country in any format (i.e. paper or electronic) are ineligible.
- Only English language books will be considered
- Translated books should not be nominated, even if the English translation was published in 2009.
- Graphic books, anthologies and other edited books, and books published exclusively in electronic formats should not be nominated.
- The Lillian Smith Book Awards are most interested in works that deal with social justice, civil and human rights, the education and socialization of young people, breaking silence among repressed groups, matters that are notably significant or of special interest in dealing with the changing South.
Please type nominatiom form in order to assure prompt processing.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, March 1, 2010.
You must complete a separate nomination form for each nominated book.
A $50.00 nomination fee will be assessed for each nominated book.
Make checks payable to University of Georgia Libraries/Lillian Smith Book Awards.
You must donate eight (8) copies of each nominated book to the University of Georgia Libraries for distribution to judges and sponsors.
| MAIL BOOKS, NOMINATION FORMS AND FEES TO:
Lillian Smith Book Awards
Hargrett Rare Book & Manuscript Library
University of Georgia Libraries
3rd Floor, Main Library
320 South Jackson Street
Athens , GA 30602-1641
HARGRETT RARE BOOK AND MANUSCRIPT LIBRARY
UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA LIBRARIES
Federal Employer I.D. No: 58-6001998