Finding Aid for Eleanor Culpepper State Normal School Papers, 1895-1932 (UA 02-016)
.5 Linear Feet : one ms. box
Scope and Contents
Ms. Eleanor Culpepper, later Mrs. Eleanor Culpepper Willingham of Grantville, Georgia, graduated from the State Normal School in Athens in 1929 and served as editor of the SNS yearbook, the Crystal that year. The collection contains materials related to the production of the yearbook, as well as the finished product. Also of interest is a 1923 history of the State Normal School by E.S. Sell.
Mrs. Willingham's father, Homer L. Culpepper, was also a student of the SNS. The collection contains a textbook on educational psychology that he used in 1895.
- Editing Manuscript of the 1929 Crystal
- Instructions for Design of Yearbooks, a pamphlet from the Southwestern Engraving Co, ca. 1929
- Photograph of State Normal School entrance, Prince Ave. at Oglethorpe, used in 1929 Crystal
- 1929 Crystal
- 1932 Crystal
- Dustwrapper from 1932 Crystal
- History of the State Normal School, by E.S. Sell, 1923
- Psychology Applied to Education by Gabriel Compayre, Boston, D.C. Heath & Co. , 1894. Text used by Homer L. Culpepper at State Normal School in 1895
- Eleventh Annual Announcement & Catalog of the Georgia Normal and Industrial College, Milledgeville, GA, 1901-1902
Processed by Steven Brown