The School of Music/Hugh Hodgson Materials (c. 1933-1960s)
4 Oversized Flat Boxes
Hodgson conducting 1940 performance of "Elijah."
Scope and Content:
This collection has a number of UGA Music Department scrapbooks with materials (mostly news clippings) dating from the 1933 through 1960. Also included are recordings of the Glee Club and Hugh Hodgson (playing piano) along with photographs of a 1940 performance of "Elijah" and autographed sheet music.
For preservation purposes the scrapbook pages were removed from their binders and placed in archivally sound folders. Other materials have also been refoldered and placed into acid free boxes.
- "Elijah"-1940-Hugh Hodgson-Director-Held at Physical Education Building [Glee Club] (2 Photographs).
- Compostions for the Pianoforte-"Caprice" by Alice K. E. Martin [Autographed by Composer] (1 Collection of Sheet Music).
- 'Twelve Dances for Violin and Piano..." by Sturkow Ryder [Autographed by Composer] (1 Collection of Sheet Music).
- Violin Music..."Romance" by James A. Dasher [Autographed by Computer] (1 Collection of Sheet Music).
- "Thank God for America"-Words and Music by Katherine Kennedy-1944 [Autographed by Composer] (1 Collection of Sheet Music).
- "Etudes Enfantines Pour Piano" by Henry Lemoine (1 Collection of Sheet Music).
- UGA Glee Club 1943/Hugh Hodgson (1 Cassette Tape).
- 1943 Glee Club (2 CDs).
- "Going Back" (1 DVD).
- Album of Old Favorite Piano Pieces Played by Hugh Hodgson-7 1/2 IPS [Sides I and II] (2 Tape Reels).
- Hodgson-Master-Side II-Quintet-15 IPS [Tape Reel] (1 Item).
- Music Dept. Scrapbook-H. Hodgson-Personal [Includes Materials 1933-1945] (30 Pages).
- Music Dept. Scrapbook 1942-1943 [Includes Materials 1939-1946] (48 Pages).
- Music Dept. Scrapbook 1944-1946 [Includes Materials 1939-1946] (17 Pages).
- Music Dept. Scrapbook [Includes Materials 1943-1946] (41 Pages).
- Music Dept. Scrapbook [Includes Materials 1945-1958] (54 Pages) .
- Music Dept. Scrapbook [Includes Materials 1945-1958] (50 Pages) .
- Music Dept. Scrapbook [Includes Materials 1951-1960] (19 Pages).
- "Old, New, Borrowed and Blue: From a Collection by the Huff n' Puffs" (1 LP).
- Victor Library of Recorded Music [c. 1940s](1 Book of 10 Inch 78 Acetate Masters).
RG 2-10: Music