University of Georgia Special Collections Libraries
University of Georgia Libraries

The Davis Souvenir Album of the University of Georgia


Plate 1: Moore College, Erected 1874

Plate 2: Completed in 1860, this is now the northern half of the Holmes-Hunter Academic Building. Note that the Arch still has its gates intact and a nearby stile offers access to campus when the gates are locked.

Plate 3: Built in 1832 to house the University Library and museum, this structure, nicknamed for its vigorous growth of ivy, was an early home of the Law School after the new Library was completed in 1860. This building, much enlarged and remodeled, still stands, forming part of the southern wing of the Hamilton-Holmes Academic Building.

Plate 4: The Chapel. In this early view the 1832 Chapel still has its bell cupola, removed in 1913.

Go to next set of Davis Souvenir photographs


All images on the Hargrett site are either protected by copyright law, or are the property of the University of Georgia Libraries, Hargrett Library. Permission to publish must be obtained from both the Hargrett Library, and/or the legal copyright holder. See: Permission to Publish