Finding Aid for Old College Restoration & Rededication Materials, 2006. UGA 06-037
One half document box and one oversize flat box
Approximately .63 feet
One of the most historic buildings in Northeast Georgia and certainly the most historic on the University of Georgia campus, Old College is the oldest building on campus and has served many purposes since its construction in 1801-1806. For its bicentennial the University undertook a comprehensive rennovation of the venerable structure, culminating in a rededication ceremony in 2006. This collection documents the rennovation, the history of the building and the rededication event. Additional information on Old College is available at an illustrated timeline created for the rededication and available at http://www.libs.uga.edu/hargrett/archives/exhibit/oldcollege/index.html .
Box 1 (Half Document Box)
- Rededication invitation, program, etc.
- Text of rededication remarks by President Michael Adams, Dean Garnett Stokes, Dr. George Sessions and Kurinji Pandlyan.
- Photographs of event by UGA Public Relations
- Photographs of event by Gilbert Head of University Archives
- DVD video of speeches and ribbon cutting
- Segment of rededication ribbon and souvenir scissors distributed for ribbon cutting
- Graphics & text from Main Library lobby display on history of Old College: construction segment
- Graphics & text from Main Library lobby display on history of Old College: 19th century segment
- Graphics & text from Main Library lobby display on history of Old College: 20th & 21st century segment
- Event planning files from Steven Brown, University Archives
Box 2 (Oversize Flat Box)
- Construction plans for rennovation of Old College building, 2005
- Oversize graphics & text from Main Library lobby display on history of Old College