Borrowing Items at UGA
- Loan Periods/Fine Rates: Most books may be borrowed for a year. The number of items that can be checked out is unlimited.
- Recalls & Renewals
- Repository: Request an item from our off-campus storage facility
- Delivery & Pickup: Have books or journals delivered to your department
- Research Assistants: Designate a proxy to check out materials in your name
Borrowing Items From Other Libraries
- GIL Express: Borrow from another public university in Georgia, using the online request option (delivery 2-3 days)
- Interlibrary Loan: Use the online form to request a book or journal article from outside USG (delivery average 7-10 days)
A Librarian for Your Subject Area
Research Conferences and Library Instruction
- Research Assistance Request Form. For one-on-one research conferences.
- Contacts for Classroom Instruction. A librarian will teach your students efficient search strategies for quality print, electronic, and web resources.
- Request an archival instruction session from Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Request an archival instruction session from the Richard B. Russell Library for Political Research and Studies
- Request an archival instruction session from Walter J. Brown Archives and Peabody Awards Collection: email Mary Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org