The main phone number for the CML (Curriculum Materials Library) is not presently working. Please use 706.542.2996 or email@example.com while we work to resolve the issue.
Beginning Wednesday, August 3rd, the CML will go to Intersession hours: M-F 8:00-5:00, Closed Sunday August 7th. Normal hours will resume August 11th. Normal hours are:
There is a book drop by the CML entrance for returns and items, except for Interlibrary Loan materials picked up from the CML, can also be returned to the Main or Science Libraries.
The CML will be closed Sunday & Monday, July 3rd & 4th, for the holiday weekend. Please use the book drop for returns–located to the right of our door–for returns when we’re closed. Regular hours resume July 5th.
The CML is the first place on campus to have these new power sources–right at your study table. There is room for six patrons to connect devices, all without having to step over long extension cords. Come settle in and forget worrying about your battery! Now you can just concentrate on your work…..
The Curriculum Materials Library (CML) will be closed Sunday, May 29th & Monday, May 30th, for the Memorial Day Weekend. Normal hours will resume Tuesday, May 31st at 8am. Visit our webpage for the complete list of hours.
- April is National Poetry Month: The CML has a long list of poetry titles and here are some other ways to celebrate National Poetry Month: National Poetry Month Website & Teachers’ Materials; Classroom ideas from GPB; Poetry Writing From Scholastic–Featuring Jack Prelutsky and ReadWriteThink from NCTE.
Georgia Children’s Book Awards Nominees & Speakers. The Georgia Children’s Book Awards Conference takes place March 18th & 19th and the Curriculum Materials Library has the nominee titles on display. Stop by and be ready for the Conference! Below are links to what the Libraries own by the Conference speakers. Also visit the Literature Resource Center in GALILEO to brush up on background info.
Got a basketball itch? Need to think more about your brackets? Need a break from your brackets? Let the Libraries help! We have hundreds of books on basketball. Find books on women’s basketball and children’s books as well. There are even some films. Visit our brief guide to basketball titles, Hoops Reading to either get fired up or to take a break from the madness….
March is National Women’s History Month. Celebrate it in your classrooms with these resources:
- National Women’s History Project
- Great Quotes from Feminists
- Women’s History Month from the Library of Congress
- Celebrating Women’s History Month from the New York Times
- Lesson Plans from the National Education Association
- Here is a link to a brief bibliography on Women’s Rights for titles in the CML.
- Also, check out the exhibit on Women’s Suffrage at the Special Collections Library, which closes March 31st.
- Visit the Teaching Tolerance website to get classroom ideas and resources for diversity.
The CML is OPEN during Spring Break: Monday through Friday, 8:00-5:00 and closed Sundays March 6th & 13th.
During Spring Break, the Curriculum Materials Library in 207 Aderhold will be open 8:00-5:00, March 7th through 11th and closed on Sunday the 6th and Sunday the 14th. Regular service hours resume on March 14th. Please remember you can always return materials in the drop box by our entrance in 207 Aderhold when we are closed.