On display at the MLC – Historic air photos & Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps

January 7, 2009 – 8:32 AM

Historic air photos & Sanborn Fire Insurance maps of UGA from 1885 – 1980 on display in the MLC

A hundred years after it was founded in 1785, UGA consisted of a few buildings on what is now North Campus.  Historic air photos and Sanborn Fire Insurance maps from the UGA Map Library displayed on the 1st floor of the Miller Learning Center show how Georgia’s flagship institution of higher education grew and developed over its second hundred years.

Curated by Hallie Pritchett, Map and Federal Regional Depository Librarian, University of Georgia Libraries.

Tags: , , ,

Post a Comment