Beginning November 10, 2011, researchers may access Russell Library archival collections again by advanced appointment
Russell Library is Going West!
From November 10, 2011 through December 22, 2011, patrons may access Russell Library collections by advanced appointment in the new Special Collections Libraries Building located at 300 South Hull Street.
To make an advance research appointment, request materials, and receive an orientation to using Russell collections in the new location, please submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 706-542-5766.
UNTIL JANUARY 2012, Researchers cannot access the new building TO DO RESEARCH without FIRST making an appointment!
• Regular research access resumes on January 2, 2012.
• Special Collections Libraries Building dedication is February 17, 2012.
• Russell Exhibition Galleries open in mid February 2012.
For more information about arranging research access during fall 2011, please contact Russell archivists at email@example.com or 706-542-5766.
For general updates and news about the Russell Library and its westward journey, please visit any of the following information points:
• Web Site: www.libs.uga.edu/russell
• Russell Blog: http://rbrl.blogspot.com
• Twitter: @RussellLibrary
• Facebook: Richard B. Russell Library for Political Research and Studies
Russell Library will share space in the new building with Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library and the Walter J. Brown Media Archives and Peabody Awards Collection. For information regarding their respective moving schedules and access to their collections, please visit:
• Special Collections Building Web Page: www.libs.uga.edu/sclb/index.html
• UGA Libraries’ News Blog: www.libs.uga.edu/blog/?p=4948
• Hargrett Library Web Site: www.libs.uga.edu/hargrett/index.shtml
• Brown Media Archives Web Site: www.libs.uga.edu/media/index.html