On Thursday, May 21st, between 11:00 p.m. and 3:00 a.m., access to and retrieval of materials in the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Richard B. Russell Library for Political Research and Studies, and Walter J. Brown Media Archives and Peabody Awards collections will be unavailable while updates are made to the database server.
There is currently an email being sent to people at UGA from “firstname.lastname@example.org”, telling users that their library account has expired and they need to reactivate it. This is a phishing attempt. Please delete the email, and do not click the link!
There’s no virus attached or downloaded when clicking the link, but if you have given any information, you should change your MyID password immediately.
If you are graduating this semester, CONGRATULATIONS!!
Before leaving campus, please check your library account and clear all outstanding obligations by doing the following:
- Check your “My Account” record.
- Return all books before leaving campus even if they are not due.
- Pay all fines and fees. Payments may be made by cash, check or credit card.
- Please return all books and pay all fines/fees by Monday, December 15, 2014.
If you have any questions about your account, please contact:
Access Services – Main Library
Access Services – Science Library
After graduation, you may sign up for borrowing privileges from the UGA Libraries through the following programs:
Due to licensing agreements and vendor restrictions, alumni and outside borrowers do not have remote access to GALILEO through the University of Georgia.
The Main and Science Libraries are closed:
- Saturday, November 22
- Sunday, November 23
Beginning on Monday, November 24, the Libraries will operate with reduced hours as follows:
- Monday, November 24 and Tuesday, November 25 – 8am to 6pm
- Wednesday, November 26 – 8am to 5pm
- Thursday, November 27 – Closed for Thanksgiving
- Friday, November 28 – 12pm to 6pm
- Saturday, November 29 – Closed
Regular semester hours resume on Sunday, November 30 – 1pm to 2am
It’s Fall Break! The Main and Science Libraries are operating on the break schedule as follows:
- Thursday, October 30 – 7:30am to 9pm
- Friday, October 31 – 8am to 6pm
Beginning on Friday, October 17th, 2014 from 11:59PM EDT to 4:00 AM EDT maintenance will be performed on the database server for UGA’s special collections. This is necessary to apply new updates to the server.
The Main and Science Libraries will be closed on Saturday, September 20, for the UGA home game day. The libraries will open with their regular semester hours on Sunday, September 21.
Saturday, September 20 – Closed
Sunday, September 21 – 1PM to 2AM
Please see below for changes to the Main and Science Libraries’ normal service hours this weekend:
Saturday, August 30 – CLOSED for home game day – Georgia vs. Clemson
Sunday, August 31 – 1pm to 9pm
Monday, September 1 – CLOSED for Labor Day
The AEON Request System at the Special Collections Libraries will be upgraded Tuesday, December 15th from 8-10am.
Researchers will not be able to request materials while the upgrade is ongoing.
Materials requested ahead of time will be available to researchers.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Aeon 3.8 Highlights
Improved User Management
Staff will be able to see the status of researchers more easily.
- Staff can mark researchers as “Away” for shorter breaks
- Users who are marked as Away can have a clock symbol on their picture
- The default user image will be used on the dashboard for Users with no image
- Signed-in Users will be grouped automatically on the default client layout
Web Page Changes
A number of changes were made to the default Aeon web pages. Some of these changes include:
- Active Activities can now be displayed on the main menu
- You can now click anywhere on a table row to open an Activity or Transaction
- Aeon now has the ability to enforce stricter password requirements for researchers
- Researchers can now download their request details as an Excel spreadsheet
*New feature that applies to us: We can now batch clone requests.
Here is the link for the official release notes for Aeon 3.8: https://prometheus.atlas-sys.com/display/aeon/Aeon+3.8+Release+Notes
Beginning this weekend, the Main and Science Libraries will operate on Intersession hours:
|Saturday, August 2||10 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Sunday, August 3||The Libraries are closed|
|Monday, August 4 thru Friday, August 8||8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Saturday, August 9||10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Sunday, August 10||The Libraries are closed|
|Monday, August 11 thru Friday, August 15||8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Saturday, August 16||10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p,m.|
|Sunday, August 17||1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.|
Fall Semester begins on Monday, August 18, 2014