The Georgia Writers Hall of Fame recognizes Georgia writers, past and present, whose work reflects the character of the state — its land and people. Its honorees are a diverse, talented group. Here are some recent news items regarding GAWHoF Honorees.
O’Connor’s birthday was March 25, so several of the stories were pegged to that.
- Rare 1959 Audio: Flannery O’Connor Reads ‘A Good Man is Hard to Find’
- Five Flannery O’Connor Quotes to Live By
- Flannery O’Connor’s fiction exists in the middle ground between the realistic and the grotesque
- Flannery O’Connor archive helps inspire senior dance thesis
- Savannah had a birthday parade in her honor
- Pat Conroy to receive award at Montgomery book festival
- Library Corner: A great roster of basketball books (includes Conroy’s My Losing Season)
- A Literary Tour of Small-Town America – features Jonesboro, Georgia for its Mitchell associations
- Play spotlights the creation of ‘Gone With the Wind’
Zora Hurston, Alice Walker Ties Explored In Writers Series – with audio of recent lecture by UGA professor Valerie Boyd
T.C. Boyle’s 6 favorite books that explore man’s inherent violence – includes Dickey’s Deliverance
All of our Georgia Writers Hall of Fame news posts can be found on our Tumblr