Public access carrels are available in both the Main and Science Libraries. The following carrels are available on a first come-first served basis:
|MAIN LIBRARY||SCIENCE LIBRARY|
336, 337, 338, 339.
347 is a quiet/meditation carrel, which is also first come, first served.
All Carrels are Public Access
|Fourth Floor||433, 434, 435||Fourth Floor||426-432, 473-476|
|Fifth Floor||531, 532, 533|
|Sixth Floor||6-Left, 6-Middle, 6-Right|
Restricted Access Carrels
Study carrels in the Main and Science Libraries can be reserved by eligible UGA faculty members and graduate students who meet the following criteria:
- Faculty members engaged in library research
- Doctoral candidates who are currently writing their dissertation
- Master's candidates who are currently writing their thesis
- Carrels are assigned for research only; they are not intended for office or conference space.
- New carrel holders may be required to share a carrel that is currently occupied.
- A key deposit of $35 is required upon assignment.
- The carrel assignment is for one year.
- Carrel holders must be currently enrolled or employed by the University of Georgia.
- The key deposit is forfeited if the carrel key is not returned to the Access Services Department.
- All library materials kept in the carrel must be checked out to the carrel or the carrel holder.
Please use the carrel application form for Main or Science to request a carrel. When completed, please submit the application to the Circulation Desk at either library or send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Carrels are assigned by appointment only.